Thursday, August 27, 2009

A walk from Ampang LRT to Kg Tasik Permai

Due to unforeseeable circumstances, I had to embark on an LRT trip to travel from KL to Ampang today. When I reached the Ampang LRT station, I crossed the road and waited for a bus. At a sudden, a strange idea crossed my mind. Perhaps I should take a walk home instead of waiting for a bus. With the cloudy weather, this was perhaps not a bad idea.



So, I started walking. Emmm..., there was a fruit stall before I reached the Shell petrol pump. Oh.., I see, the durian is off season now. Then, I reached the shoplots of the first phase of Ampang Waterfront. Wah..., there were shops selling chandelier lights, adorable toys, pharmaceutical products, etc. Then, I came across people sitting in some restaurants enjoying the aroma of the black coffee. They enjoyed the companionship of their friends in such cloudy and windy atmosphere. Before I reached the junction leading to Taman Bukit Indah, I saw a shelter with a canvas. A police sat inside it. Curiosity led my attention to the display in the said shelter and my leg hit a big stone accidentally. Ouhh..., I almost fell down. The police came out and gave me a hand. Then, I took a rest in the shelter and had a short chat with the police. After a short rest, I continiued my walk and the rain started pouring. Now, I am sitting in a shelter in the second phase of Ampang Waterfront, seeing the river behind the shoplots and keying in this message for YOU, my dear friend. Indeed, without the car, I saw things that I can never see even though I used to passing by this road..



Such slow and gradual walk is fruitful and effective if the result is the main concern. Going slow does not mean losing out. You may be delighted by the treasures that you may not pay attention all this while. Indeed, these treasures could be more precious and enriching. However, if I can go even slower, be more observant and conservative to the environment, I think I would have avoided the stone which may cause injury. Moreover, I do not need to exercise tonight in order to burn my lipid... (scientific name of "fat"). He he he...



The rain is about to stop shortly. I shall continue my slow, gradual and fruitful walk toward Carrefour Ampang, Taman Dagang and then my village again. In fact, I am worrying about walking up the steep slope before I could reach my house now. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure that I will have a good sleep and sweet dream tonight.



If I drive, I will miss out all these enriching experiences and precious treasures. Indeed, such walk allowed me to pay more attention to my surrounding, to discover the treasures which I may have taken for granted and be more observant to the stones which may cause us injury and slow down the journey overall (otherwise, I would have hit more stones).



Good luck, my dear friend..

4 comments:

  1. Time to think of writing a book or journalising events daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becoming an author was one of my ambitions

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fascinating...i am touched

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank youvery much for your opinion

    ReplyDelete